This soup is as filling as it is warming and delicious.
- 250g pork mince
- 5 or six average sized mushrooms
- 1 thumb ginger, finely chopped or grated
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 chilli, sliced
- ½ head cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 chicken stock cube
- ½ lime
- 1 bunch coriander, torn
- 1 glug olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Make your meatballs. Mix your pork with half of the ginger, half of the garlic and the chopped spring onions. Roll the mixture into small meatballs.
- Fry your meatballs and chopped mushrooms in a saucepan with the olive oil until cooked through.
- Remove the meatballs and add the rest of the garlic and chilli.
- Then add the chicken stock, soy sauce and cabbage. Cover with boiling water and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the meatballs and the torn coriander and squeeze the lime juice over the meatball broth to serve.
Tip: If you do not have pork mince to hand, you can use sausages for this recipe, just squeeze the sausage meat out of the casings. Speaking of… have you tried our Italian Sausage Meatball recipe? It is one of our members’ favourites!