We’re still amazed and overjoyed that you still eat Italian food on a Low Carb High Fat diet.This simple Italian recipe is perfect for the LCHF Lifestyle.It’s quick and easy to make and celebrates Italian cheeses at their best.
- 2 aubergines, thinly sliced
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 2 balls mozzarella, sliced
- 100g Parmesan, grated
- 1 glug olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180.
- Place the aubergine slices in a colander in the sink, sprinkle with salt and leave to drain.
- Meanwhile gently fry the onions in olive oil. When browned add the tomatoes and garlic and leave to bubble and thicken.
- Dry the aubergine, wiping off all the salt and then fry them for 30 seconds on each side.
- Coat the bottom of a baking dish with a little tomato sauce, layer with aubergine, another layer of sauce, slices of mozzarella and repeat with aubergine, sauce and mozzarella.
- Cover the final layer of sauce with the Parmesan this time, instead of mozzarella.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes and serve with salad. [/wcm_restrict]
Tips: Aubergine is the classic, but you can try this with other veg too like courgettes.