Avocado and egg is the perfect low carb healthy fat combination for breakfast. This fresh recipe will wake your taste buds and keep you going til lunch. You could get creative with your toppings, why not add grated cheddar, fried halloumi, or crispy bacon for even more lchf goodness.
- 1 avocado
- 2 eggs
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 sprigs of Coriander, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the stone.
- Scoop a tablespoon of avocado out of each half and set aside.
- Crack an egg into each half of the avocado. Place carefully in an oven proof dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile slice up the left over avocado and put in a bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, red onion, chilli and coriander to the avocado.
- Squeeze the juice of the lime over the salsa and add the olive oil. Mix well.
- Remove the avocados from the oven and serve with the salsa.