You simply don’t need to miss out when you are doing Low Carb High Fat. Our low-carb bangers and mash is a favourite that will help you to keep you burning the fat without longing for your favourite dinner.
This easy bangers and mash meal is the ultimate comfort food and aids weight loss. Boom!
- 2 sausages – choose sausages highest meat content possible – 90% meat should be a good guide (many brands of sausages are bulked out with wheat flour, sugars, rice flour, all sorts of high-carb stuff)
- 1 cauliflower
- 50g butter
- 100g cheese, grated
- 50g full fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon double cream
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180
- Cook the sausages per packet instructions
- While the sausages are cooking, cook the cauliflower in a saucepan of boiling water on the hob.
- Once the cauliflower is cooked, drain it and whizz it up in the blender together with the remaining ingredients.
- Serve with the sausages.
Tips: Want some gravy to go with this? Gently fry a sliced onion in the sausage pan with a knob of butter. Once golden, stir in a little meat or vegetable stock and a few splashes of cream and simmer until it thickens slightly.
Per serving this recipe contains 122.8g fat, 40.3g protein and 11.4g carbs.