Makes a great hands-on meal to share with friends.
Low Carb High Fat Tex Mex at it’s best…
Pile on the soured cream and cheese. It all aids weight loss… (it’s a great keto party dish too)
8oz Rump or rib-eye steak, tenderised with a rolling pin and cut into strips
1 red pepper, sliced
2 red onions, half diced for salsa, the rest sliced
1 heaped teaspoon Smoked paprika
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 bunch coriander, leaves picked and stalks chopped
1 avocado, diced
2 large tomatoes, diced
1 fresh chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 or 2 little gem lettuces
2 handfuls grated cheddar cheese (approx. 150g)
150ml soured cream
1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Put strips of steak into a bowl and sprinkle with smoked paprika and cumin seeds.
- Squeeze juice of half the lime over, mix and leave to marinate.
- Drizzle peppers and onions with oil
- Mix together avocado, tomato, chilli and the diced half onion, coriander stalks.
- Squeeze over the remaining half a lime and douse with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grate cheese, break little gem lettuces into individual leaves and stir chives into soured cream.
- Heat a griddle pan and a wok.
- Place strips of steak across the ridges of griddle pan a cook quickly. Turn once. Or simply stir-fry steak in a frying pan.
- At the same time quickly stir-fry onions and peppers in a separate wok or frying pan until they are browned at the edges but still retain some bite.
- Serve every component in a separate bowl and make up wraps of lettuce, soured cream, meat, vegetables, cheese and salsa!
Tips: you can do exactly the same with strips of chicken breast instead of steak.
Per serving this recipe contains 81.4g fat, 39.2g protein and 23.6g carbs.