Steak, cream and cheese makes this meal a LCHF dream. Although simple to make, this dinner tastes so indulgent it is hard to believe that it is so good for you!
- 1 large cauliflower
- 100g butter
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g fillet steak, cut into thin slices
- 8 mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 tsp English mustard
- 200ml double cream
- 100g grated cheddar
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ nutmeg grated
- Break the cauliflower into small florets and boil for 15 mins or until soft.
- Drain the cauliflower and pour the cauliflower back into the saucepan and put the lid on. (This will gently steam the cauliflower so that the mash does not become watery).
- Meanwhile melt half the butter in a large frying pan and add the onions.
- Once the onions have softened add the garlic and strips of steak.
- Add the mushrooms and mustard to the pan.
- Turn the heat down and stir in the double cream.
- Add the other half of the butter, cheddar and grated nutmeg to the cauliflower and mash until smooth. Season to taste. (You can use a blender to make your mash even smoother if you prefer).
- Serve the stroganoff on top of the cheesy mash.