This is a fantastic autumn treat, as a side dish or as the main event. If this is lunch eat both servings along with a well dressed salad.
- 100g Pumpkin, half a small pumpkin, cut into slices
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 60g blue cheese
- Fresh sage leaves
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees
- Place sliced pumpkin in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. Coat all sides of the pumpkin.
- Lay them out in a metal baking tray and roast in a hot oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and lay slices of blue cheese over the pumpkin flesh and tuck sage leaves between and under pumpkin slices.
- Return to the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is soft but not entirely melted.
Tip:This will work equally well with most soft cheeses, grated cheddar or sliced emmental.