If you are wondering if you can still have a burger on a Low Carb High Fat diet, then the answer is a resounding ‘Yes!’
This burger stack is fast food that’s good for you!
The Simple as Fat LCHF blue cheese burger stack has all the taste of your favourite takeaway burger without the carbs! Add bacon too if you like! One Low Carb High Fat Cheese burger to go!
- 1 6oz beef burger
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 red onion slice
- 3 leaves iceberg lettuce
- 1 large flat dark gilled mushroom
- 1 thick slice of blue cheese, (approx. 50g)
- 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Pinch chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180.
- Sprinkle the dark gills of the mushroom with thyme, chilli flakes, salt and pepper. Drizzle with oil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Lay a few layers of iceberg lettuce on the plate and stack up your slices of tomato and onion. Dollops of mayonnaise will help it hold together.
- Pan fry the burger to your liking, lay it on top of your salad.
- Top it off with a thick slice of blue cheese.
- Upend the mushroom on top.
Tip: You could also gently fry the onion rings in butter for a sweet caramelised extra topping.
Per serving this recipe contains 58.7g fat, 40.1g protein and 9.5g carbs.