A really rich and satisfying side to any meat dish.
- 1 large cauliflower
- 200ml double cream
- 100g cheddar cheese, grated
- 100g cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon English mustard
- 1 quarter teaspoon ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
- Plunge the cauliflower florets into a saucepan of salted boiling water and return to the boil.
- In a separate pan, place the cream, cream cheese, most of the grated cheese, mustard and nutmeg.
- Place over a low heat and stir constantly to allow the cheeses to melt. Be careful to make sure the cream doesn’t catch on the bottom of the pan.
- When the cauliflower has started to soften, but still has some bite, drain and add it to the sauce mixture.
- Mix thoroughly and pour into a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheddar over and bake for 30 minutes.
Tips: If you are cooking for one, freeze the extra 3 portions for another time.