Can you still satisfy burger cravings on a Low Carb High Fat diet? Yes! Stack it high with all your favourites.
- 6oz beef burger
- 3 slices streaky bacon
- 2 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1 thick slice cheddar cheese
- 1 slice tomato
- 1 slice red onion
- 3 gherkins, sliced
- 1 handful soft lettuce, (approx. 50g)
- 2 slices mushroom
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 25g butter
- Preheat the grill.
- Lay a few layers of iceberg lettuce on the plate and stack up the slices of tomato, onion, gherkin and soft lettuce. Spread the mayonnaise between the layers to help hold together.
- Fry the bacon and mushrooms in a small frying pan and keep warm.
- Pan fry the burger to your liking.
- While still in the pan cover the burger with a thick slice of cheddar cheese and place under the grill until half melted.
- Slide onto the lettuce and top with bacon.
- Wrap over the lettuce and serve.
Tip: Slowly fry the onions in butter for a real take-away taste! It’s possible (if messy) to wrap the burger in the lettuce and eat it in your hand like a regular burger, but much easier to use a knife and fork!
Per serving this recipe contains 81.9 fat, 62.2g protein and 4.3g carbs.