Can you still satisfy burger cravings on a Low Carb High Fat diet? Yes! Stack it high with all your favourites.
- 6oz Beef burger
- Large tomato
- Red onion
- Soft lettuce
- 2 large flat dark gilled mushrooms
- Thick slice of cheddar cheese
- 3 slices streaky bacon, fried
- Tablespoon of mayonnaise
- 3 gherkins, sliced
- Iceberg lettuce
- Preheat the grill.
- Lay a few layers of iceberg lettuce on the plate and stack up your slices of tomato, onion, gherkin and soft lettuce. The mayonnaise will help it hold together.
- Fry the bacon in a small frying pan and keep warm.
- Panfry the burger to your liking.
- While still in the pan cover the burger with a thick slice of cheddar cheese and place under the grill until half melted.
- Slide onto the lettuce and top with bacon.
- Wrap over the lettuce and serve.
Tip: Slowly fry your onions in butter for a real take-away taste! It’s possible (if messy) to wrap the burger in the lettuce and eat it in your hand like a regular burger, but much easier to use a knife and fork!