It’s comforting, warm, simple to make, full of taste, meaty, 100% healthy. What on earth are you waiting for?
2 chicken thighs
1 tbsp coconut oil
½ a leek, sliced
4 large mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves garlic, sliced
1 tsp dried tarragon
200ml chicken or vegetable stock
2 tbsp double cream
- Pre heat oven to 200 degrees.
- Season the skin of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add oil to a small lidded flame proof casserole dish
- Place chicken thighs in the pan skin side down and fry until golden brown. Turn and cook the meat side for 2 minutes until coloured.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and add butter to the pan
- Add the leeks, mushrooms, garlic and tarragon to the pan and fry gently.
- When vegetables are softened pour in the stock and cream, season with salt and pepper and simmer for a minute or so.
- Return the chicken to the pan, pouring some of the sauce over both thighs.
- Put the lid on and place in the preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and check that the chicken is cooked and that the sauce has thickened.
- If you prefer your chicken skin crisp take the chicken thighs from the sauce and place on a tray and return to the oven for 5 minutes.