A delicious Chinese pork recipe, without the sugar.
- 2 175g pork chops
- 1 small sweetheart cabbage, shredded
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 thumb fresh ginger, grated
- 1 fresh red chilli, chopped
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 heaped teaspoon Chinese 5 spice
- 1 heaped teaspoon Szechaun Pepper, crushed
- 1 glug olive oil
- 1 large knob butter
- Half an hour before you cook, sprinkle the chops with the 5 spice.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan and fry the chops on a medium heat until cooked through, turning regularly.
- Melt the butter in a wok and add the Szechuan Pepper, sliced garlic, grated ginger and chopped chilli.
- Stir-fry the cabbage for a minute or so, depending on the size of pieces and sprinkle in the vinegar.
Tips: Don’t trim the fat, or eat around it, this is healthy fat, an essential building block of health.