Dinners with Simple As Fat are so satisfying you don’t always need a dessert, but sometimes, when you have friends round for example, you want to share a great little chocolate pudding… So you may as well make one you can all enjoy!
- 300ml double cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- pinch sea salt
- 100g dark chocolate (must be at least 80% cocoa solids)
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- Whip the cream until it only just starts to make soft peaks.
- Add the vanilla extract and stir in.
- Melt chocolate in a small bowl, microwaving it 30 seconds at a time until almost melted. Stir until smooth and allow to cool a little.
- Beat egg yolks and add the salt.
- Stir the brandy into the eggs.
- Drizzle the cooled melted chocolate into the eggs, stirring all the time.
- Then, one tablespoon at a time, add the cream to the chocolate and egg mixture.
- Fold and blend gently with a metal spoon until it is smooth and a uniform colour and spoon into small glasses or espresso cups.
- Serve with some gratings of the chocolate on top, or a raspberry or two, or even a little pouring cream if desired.
Tip: Replace the brandy with a short, strong espresso for a mocha favour.