Our members’ are always looking for ways to eat LCHF on the go. These muffins are the perfect low carb healthy fat option for a quick breakfast or lunch. You can make them in advance and freeze them, so you always have some on hand if you do not have time to cook breakfast in the morning.
Makes 6 Muffins
- 50g butter
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 100g chorizo, chopped into small cubes
- 100g tenderstem broccoli, roughly chopped
- 6 eggs
- 150g grated cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees celsius.
- Line the cases of the muffin tin with a small knob of butter.
- In a frying pan melt the rest of the butter and fry the onion until soft.
- Add the chorizo and broccoli and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Spoon the onion, chorizo and broccoli evenly between the 6 muffin moulds.
- In a bowl scramble 6 eggs and pour the eggs over the fillings.
- Sprinkle the cheddar on top of every egg muffin.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes (you want the muffin to rise and be golden on the top)