This posh brekkie is full of fat – a perfect weekend LCHF treat!
- 4 eggs
- 1 quarter lemon, juiced
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 60g butter, melted
- 3 rashers bacon
- 1 handful spinach (approx. 75g)
- 1 pinch nutmeg, grated
- salt and pepper
- To make the hollandaise sauce beat the yolks of two of the eggs, lemon juice, salt and cayenne pepper together until smooth.
- Pour in the melted butter slowly while continuing to whisk.
- Microwave for 15 seconds and stir immediately, then put to one side.
- Poach the two other eggs and fry the bacon.
- In a separate frying pan wilt the spinach in butter, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg and drain.
- Stack the spinach, then the poached eggs and top of with the hollandaise sauce and bacon.
Per serving this recipe contains 33.5g fat, 40.9g protein and 3.7g carbs.