These little beauties will win you over with their fresh mint and fried crispy coat!
- 125g courgettes, grated
- small sprig fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, finely crumbled
- 1/2 ground almonds
- 1 whole egg and 1 yolk, beaten
- 1/2 tsp maldon salt
- pinch paprika
- black pepper
- olive oil
- fresh lime
- Grate the courgettes and press them between the folds of a clean tea towel for half an hour to remove moisture.
- Beat the egg and the extra yolk together.
- Place the courgettes, ground almonds, feta cheese, chopped mint, paprika, salt and pepper in a bowl and combine well.
- Stir in the eggs and leave the batter to stand for 10 minutes, it makes the mixture hold together better in the pan.
- Melt some butter in a small frying pan and drizzle in some olive oil to prevent the butter from burning.
- Over a medium to low heat drop a heaped dessert spoon of batter into the pan and press it into a patty of about half a cm thickness. Continue with the rest of the batter. Cook in two batches to leave space in the pan for turning. The batter should make 12 small fritters.
- Keep the heat no higher than medium and don’t move them for alt least two minutes then watch them carefully and turn them when you think they will hold together.
- When cooked lift out gently on to kitchen paper.
- Serve warm with a squeeze of fresh lime over the top.