The Simple As Fat Fry-Up
Can you have a good old english fried breakfast on a Low Carb High Fat LCHF diet? Yes you can!
And more than that, we believe it’s really good for you.
You can have this Simple as Fat Fry –up any day of the week.
No excuses! Go to work on an egg … and bacon!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 rashers streaky bacon
- 1 large tomato, halved
- 50g butter
- 1 handful mushrooms, sliced (approx. 100g)
- 2 eggs
- Drizzle the oil into a frying pan and cook the bacon and halved tomato over a medium heat.
- Turn the bacon once or twice and the tomatoes once and remove from the pan when cooked.
- Add a knob of butter to the pan and cook the mushrooms.
- Melt the other knob of butter in a separate frying pan and gently crack the eggs into it.
- Cover with a lid and fry gently. This way they will cook quickly and evenly without going too crispy at the edges.
For a weekend brunch, boost your breakfast with a butchers 100% meat sausage and some quality black pudding. When everything is cooked, wilt two large handfuls of fresh spinach leaves in the frying pan and serve.