Go the whole hog, literally!
- 2 eggs
- 2 rashers streaky bacon
- 1 all meat sausage
- 1 slice black pudding
- 1 large tomato, halved
- 1 handful mushrooms, sliced, (approx. 80g)
- 1 handful spinach (approx. 60g)
- 50g butter
- salt and pepper
- Get the sausage cooking first in a frying pan, as this will take the longest.
- When the sausage is nearly done add the bacon, black pudding and tomato to the pan.
- Once cooked remove from pan, add a knob of butter and start cooking frying the mushrooms on one side and wilting the seasoned spinach on the other.
- Meanwhile melt the rest of the butter in a smaller pan and crack the eggs into it.
- Fry the eggs on a low heat, covering with a lid. This way they will cook quickly and evenly without going too crispy at the edges.
Tip: Sausages make a great Low Carb High Fat snack (as long as you buy high meat content ones!), so I usually cook a whole pack in the oven if I’m going to have one for breakfast and then keep the rest in the fridge to grab when I need it.
Per serving this recipe contains 68.1g fat, 35.4g protein and 13.6g carbs.