A great stand-by for breakfast in a hurry!
- 100g pecans or walnuts
- 100g hazelnuts
- 100g whole almonds or sliced almonds
- 50g golden flax seeds
- 100g sunflower seeds
- 3 heaped tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch allspice
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 degrees.
- Put all the whole nuts in a plastic bag and break them up with a rolling pin, this way you don’t run the risk of reducing the whole batch to dust with an over zealous food processor.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large frying pan add the spices and warm them for a moment.
- To get the best from the golden flaxseeds grind them in a food processor or in a pestle and mortar before adding them to the mix. Good to do but not essential.
- Add all the nuts and seeds and combine them carefully to coat everything in the spicy oil.
- Keep them moving and toast them for a minute or two.
- Transfer to an oven tray and bake for 5 minutes, take them out and stir them round as they will brown from the outside in, and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and tip them out onto kitchen paper to cool.
- When completely cooled transfer the granola to an airtight container where it should keep for 3 weeks.
Tip: A couple of tablespoons of this Granola is brilliant for breakfast on top of full fat Greek yoghurt with a few raspberries.
Per serving this recipe contains 32.5g fat, 9g protein and 4.1g carbs.