If you’ve ever wished your polite Caesar salad was just a bit more bolshy and satisfying this salad’s for you!
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 quarter cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 large pinch salt
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise or 2 egg yolks
- 1 half cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 large head broccoli
- 1 quarter head of savoy or Chinese cabbage thinly shredded
- lemon zest and black pepper to serve
- extra grated Parmesan cheese to serve
- Mash garlic and anchovy together.
- Whisk in lemon juice, mustard and salt.
- Add egg yolks or mayonnaise and whisk.
- Gradually add oil while whisking constantly.
- Whisk in grated Parmesan.
- Cut the florets of broccoli off the stalks and thinly slice the fleshy parts of the stalk. Discard the thick woody end.
- Shred the cabbage finely.
- Toss the broccoli and cabbage in the dressing.
- Season with salt and black pepper and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Grate over more Parmesan Cheese to serve.
Tip: Pan fry some chicken or salmon and serve with tomatoes for the quickest and tastiest dinner.