- 2 tsp onion salt
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- salt and pepper
- 4 chicken breasts
- 8 rashers streaky bacon
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp mustard
- 2 handfuls grated cheddar (approx. 150g)
- Mix together the dry spices.
- Use half of the dry spice seasoning to sprinkle over the four chicken breasts, making sure to coat both sides.
- Take 2 rashers of streaking bacon and wrap tightly round each chicken breast.
- Put the bacon wrapped chicken in a baking tray, drizzle 1 tablespoon coconut oil on top and cook at 190 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a saucepan, mix together the remaining dry spice seasoning, with the 2 tablespoons coconut oil, tomato puree, garlic, butter and mustard.
- Whisk together the sauce and bring to the boil.
- Take the chicken out of the oven and spoon the sauce over the chicken breasts, return the chicken to the oven to finish cooking.
- Check the chicken is cooked through and top each breast with grated cheddar. Return to the oven for just long enough for the cheese to melt.
Tip: This is great served with a generous spoon of coleslaw.