Where Ireland meets Italy and the results are delicious!
- 6 leaves of Cavolo Nero cabbage, washed and shredded
- 1 red onion
- 1 chilli pepper, diced or 1 quarter teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 2 rashers thick back bacon
- 25g butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 heaped tablespoon mascarpone cheese
- black pepper
- Cut the bacon into small pieces and fry in the butter and oil with the halved garlic cloves.
- Grind over plenty of black pepper.
- Add the onion, chilli and cabbage.
- Stir fry until slightly softened.
- Add the mascarpone, melt and stir.
Add a fried or poached egg for a really satisfying brunch that will keep you going until tea time.