Where Ireland meets Italy and the results are delicious!
- 6 leaves of Cavollo Nero cabbage, washed and shredded
- 1 red onion
- 1 chilli pepper, diced or half tsp chilli flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 2 rashers thick back bacon
- knob butter
- drizzle olive oil
- 1 heaped tbsp Mascarpone cheese
- black pepper
- Cut bacon into small pieces and fry in butter and oil with the halved garlic cloves.
- Grind over plenty of black pepper.
- Add onion, chilli and cabbage.
- Stir fry until slightly softened.
- Add mascarpone, melt and stir.
- Top with grated cheddar.
Add a fried or poached egg for a really satisfying brunch that will keep you going ’til tea time.