Most of the time we don’t need snacks on SAF as our healthy fat filled meals keep us full to the next meal, however sometimes we fancy a salty snack. These crisps are a perfect way to indulge without slipping off the wagon. We’ve tried salty and spicy paprika but you could get creative with your toppings, maybe try a drizzle of balsamic vinegar or a sprinkle of grated parmesan.
- 150 g Kale
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- ½ Smoked Paprika (optional)
- Pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees.
- Rip the kale into small bite sized pieces. Discard any woody stalks.
- Wash and dry thoroughly. The drier the kale the crispier your crisps will be.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the kale and massage into the leaves.
- Lay out on a baking tin and roast for 10 minutes. Toss the crisps after 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Your kale should be crisp but not blackened.
- Toss in a generous pinch of salt.
- If you want more flavour, sprinkle in the paprika and cinnamon for a smoky flavour crisp.