A low carb and low sugar chocolate brownie sounds too good to be true. But we’ve done it. This fudgy brownie won’t kick you out of ketosis and is perfect to make for a celebration to share with your family and friends. This recipe also freezes well so you can always have a square on hand if you want a lchf treat.
Makes 16 small squares
- 150g ground almonds
- 3 tbsp cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp sweetener
- 4 eggs
- 150g cream cheese
- 150g dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Mix together the almonds, cocoa, baking powder and sweetener.
- Break up the dark chocolate into a bowl and microwave until the chocolate is melted. Make sure not to burn the chocolate. Set aside to cool down.
- Whisk together the eggs and cream cheese until the mixture is smooth.
- Make sure the chocolate has cooled and then slowly pour into the egg and cream cheese mixture. (If the melted chocolate is too hot it will curdle the egg).
- Next spoon one tablespoon of the mixed dry ingredients into the egg and stir until incorporated. Keep adding until all the ingredients are mixed together.
- Line a baking tin with grease proof paper. Scoop the mixture into the tin and smooth to an even thickness.
- Bake for 12 minutes. You want the edges to crack but the middle still a little fudgy.