Lamb is a great meat for Low Carb High Fat dining. Adding feta cheese tops up your healthy fats and keeps you full for longer and it helps you lose weight. Great reheated for the next day’s lunch too…
- 2 peppers, deseeded and halved
- 200g minced lamb
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pack spinach, (approx. 100g)
- 1 pack feta cheese, (approx. 250g)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 pinch chilli powder
- 1 pinch cumin seeds
- half a teaspoon cinnamon
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180.
- Brown the onion in olive oil then add the minced lamb and garlic and cook through.
- Stir in the seasoning, spices and spinach and cook on a low heat.
- Crumble the feta cheese into the meat mixture.
- Place halved peppers on a baking tray and fill with the lamb and cheese mixture.
- Place in the oven to bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve with salad.
- Tip: If you’re feeling hungry, add diced cauliflower to the lamb mince while frying to make this extra filling.
Tip: If you’re feeling hungry, add diced cauliflower to the lamb mince while frying to make this extra filling.
Per serving this recipe serves 56.9g fat, 38g protein and 13g carbs.