We believe that you can eat curry and still lose weight. Yes, you heard right. If you eat a thick rich curry the Low Carb High Fat way, you can. This delicious Lamb Curry is quick and easy and creamy enough to hit the spot.
- 300g lamb leg steaks, cubed
- half teaspoon curry powder
- half teaspoon turmeric
- half teaspoon cumin seeds
- half teaspoon cinnamon
- half teaspoon garam masala
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 red onions, half an onion finely diced, the other 1 and a half sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 6 heaped tablespoons full fat Greek yogurt
- 4 handfuls fresh spinach
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- Heat half of the oil and add sliced onions, garlic and cinnamon. Cook slowly over a low heat until onions are translucent.
- Coat cubes of lamb in the curry powder, turmeric and cumin seeds. Season with salt and pepper.
- Moving the onions aside, heat the rest of the oil and brown the lamb cubes on all sides. Add peppers and fry until slightly browned at the edges.
- Mix 4 tablespoons of yogurt into the meat and vegetables, simmer for 6 minutes or until lamb cooked through.
- In a separate bowl mix together chopped tomatoes, coriander leaves, chopped mint leaves and diced onion. Drizzle with olive oil and red wine vinegar and serve as a side dish.
- Make a simple raita by mixing the remaining 2 tablespoons yogurt with chopped fresh mint and coriander leaves half a teaspoons of garam masala.
- Add spinach, mix through and serve lamb curry with cauliflower rice, sprinkled with coriander with tomato side dish and raita.
Tip: Make double and freeze it for later.
Per serving this recipe contains 54.6g fat, 56.2g protein and 18.1g carbs.