Cook them on the griddle plate of your BBQ and serve with a Greek Salad loaded with feta and olives for a fresh summertime supper!
- Olive oil
- Red onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- Half tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp allspice
- 500g mince lamb
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp mint, chopped
- Salt and pepper
For the dressing
Half cucumber, grated and drained
4 tbsp full fat natural yogurt
Handful mint leaves, shredded
1 tsp toasted cumin seeds
Squeeze lemon juice
- Warm the oil in a small frying pan and gently fry the onions, adding in the garlic, allspice and chilli flakes. When softened set aside to cool slightly.
- In a bowl mix the lamb mince with the onion mixture, fresh herbs and salt and pepper, mixing it thoroughly with your hands so it is well combined.
- Roll the meat into balls about 4 cm in diameter and squash them into fat patties.
- Drizzle with oil and chill them in the fridge for an hour or so.
- Heat a griddle pan and cook the patties for 5 or 6 minutes on each side.
To make the dressing… Mix all the ingredients together and serve on the side.