A rich and meaty meal to keep in the freezer for anytime.
- 500g minced lamb
- 150 g smoked bacon, cubed
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, snipped into pieces
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 100ml water
- 2 large handfuls of cheddar cheese, grated, (approx. 150g)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 50g butter
- 200g kale
- 200g broccoli
- salt and pepper
- Cover the bottom of a saucepan with oil and gently fry the onions and garlic for five minutes on a low heat.
- When they are translucent add the cubed bacon and fry until the edges of the bacon start to brown.
- Add the lamb mince and brown all over.
- Add water, tomato puree, balsamic vinegar and the snipped up sun-dried tomatoes plus a splash of the oil from the jar.
- Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 20 minutes. If the Ragu has not yet thickened, add more balsamic vinegar and simmer uncovered for a few minutes, checking that it doesn’t dry out.
- While the ragu is cooking melt the butter in a separate pan and toss in the broccoli and kale. Fry until tender.
- Season well with salt and pepper and serve with generous amounts of cheddar cheese grated on top.
Try spring cabbage cut into ‘noodles’ and stir-fried in butter.
Per serving this recipe contains 46.4g fat, 41.1g protein and 13.8g carbs.