Lamb Shank is the perfect meat for a Low Carb High Fat lifestyle. Packed with healthy fats, Lamb cooks beautifully, freezes and reheats perfectly. An easy, show-stopping lunch.
- 2 lamb shanks
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 1 celery sticks, roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 2 shallots
- 1 small bunch fresh rosemary
- 1 small bunch fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree
- 1 large glug red wine (approx. 100ml)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 pack purple sprouting broccoli (approx. 160g)
- 25g butter
- Preheat the oven to 140.
- Brown the shanks in olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Tip the shanks into an ovenproof saucepan with a lid
- Then brown or soften the shallots, keeping them whole. Once soft throw them into the pan with lamb shanks along with the celery, carrots, garlic, thyme and rosemary.
- Pour in the wine and tomatoes and finally add the puree and season.
- Bring it all to the boil on the hob.
- Then transfer it to the oven to cook for as long as you can, or until the meat is falling off the bone.
- Fry the purple sprouting broccoli in butter & serve.
Tip: Grated Parmesan over this is great!
Per serving this recipe contains 58.1g fat, 75.g protein and 15.3g carbs.