Just when you thought LCHF veggies couldn’t get any better we’ve improved our Leek Carbonara recipe.
It’s simpler and tastier!
- 2 large leeks, sliced into pound-coin sized rings
- 10 g butter
- black pepper
- 2 rashers thick back bacon, cubed
- 50g mascarpone cheese
- handful of grated cheddar or Parmesan
- Melt butter in a large frying pan.
- Add bacon, with a generous grinding of black pepper and fry until starting to brown at the edges.
- Add sliced leeks and fry until softened.
- Gently stir in mascarpone until melted.
- Turn off the heat and fold in grated cheese and serve.
- Taste before adding salt incase the bacon is salty.
Tip: Great as a quick delicious lunch or a side to pork chops and greens.