We love this low carb berry trifle that one of our members, Katy, cooked up.
- 30g coconut flour
- 1 ½ tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon mixed spice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 200g raspberries and blackberries
- 3 tablespoons brandy (optional!)
- 50ml whipped double cream
- Mix the butter, coconut flour, egg, baking powder and spices together.
- Pour this mixture into a small greased bowl and microwave for 90 seconds.
- Leave the cake to cool and then cut into two pieces, one for each trifle.
- Keep a couple of berries aside and then heat the rest in a pan until the juices start oozing out and mix in the brandy.
- Assemble by layering a couple of fresh berries with whipped cream in a glass, then add the cake and pour the boozy berry mixture over the top so that it soaks into the sponge.
- Top with more whipped cream and decorate with the last of the fresh berries.
You can make this with strawberries instead of raspberries and blackberries. Or how about adding some shavings of dark chocolate?