Pancakes topped with cream – is this the best diet breakfast ever?
- 2 eggs
- 1 heaped tablespoon full fat cream cheese
- 1 heaped tablespoon ground almonds
- 1 pinch cinnamon (this adds a sweetness without using sugar)
- 25g butter
- 1 dollop whipped double cream, (approx. 80ml)
- 1 large handful raspberries, (approx. 150g)
- Whisk together the eggs, cream cheese, ground almonds and cinnamon.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of batter into the pan, the smaller the pancake the easier to flip! Cook on one side until it starts to bubble in the middle and you’re able to flip it over. Cook for about half a minute on the other side.
- Remove from heat and repeat until you have cooked all the batter.
- Serve topped with cream and raspberries.
Want something a little less indulgent? Mash your raspberries and spread them over buttered pancakes like jam.
Per serving this recipe contains 75g fat, 27.4g protein and 7.8g carbs.