An easy, zingy side dish for Barbecue meats.
- 1kg button mushrooms
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- 4 heaped tbsp tomato puree
- 3 garni herb bouquets
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 small lemons juice and zest
- handful flat leaf parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- In a large heavy bottomed frying pan or wok mix together the oil, tomato puree, lemon juice and zest, garlic and bouquet garni and warm over a medium heat.
- Add in mushrooms and mix to coat the mushrooms in the sauce.
- Cover and keep on a low heat until the mushrooms start to release some liquid.
- Mix again, then cover and cook gently until the mushrooms are cooked and are sitting in a thick tomato sauce.
- Add parsley and season with salt and pepper and serve warm.