Poaching an egg is one of those things that people think they can’t do but it really is simple.
- 2 eggs
- 2 thick slices ham
- 1 fresh tomato, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Salt and black pepper
- Half fill a small saucepan with boiling water.
- Add a splash of white wine vinegar and turn down to gentle simmer.
- Crack the eggs, one at a time, into a teacup and slip them into the water.
- Cook for 2 minutes or so.
- Gently lift out, one at a time, with a slotted spoon, onto kitchen paper to drain. Serve with ham, and sliced tomato and avocado.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
Tip: Alternatively, mash the avocado with some chilli flakes and sunflower seeds. Chop the tomato and combine with the avocado for a quick breakfast salsa.