Quick, economical and delicious!
Jon and I regularly eat this as our main meal of the day and a little goes a long way. We buy one 8oz steak, slice it thinly and there’s plenty for two! It’s super quick too! One of you make the salad, the other cook the steak and it’s ready in 5 minutes.
- 8oz ribeye steak
- 100g stilton, crumbled
- Cucumber, sliced
- Tomatoes, halved
- Red onion, sliced
- Red pepper, sliced
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and black pepper
- Half an hour before you’d like to eat, take the steak out of the fridge and drizzle it with olive oil and sprinkle it with salt and pepper. Leave on the counter, covered and allow it to get to room temperature.
- When you are ready to eat make the salad in two wide pasta bowls.
- Crumble the Stilton over both salads.
- Heat a small frying pan.
- Render the fat on the side of the steak by holding the steak upright in the pan.
- When your thumb can no longer take the heat, lay the steak down in the pan and add some butter.
- Add a dash of oil to make sure the butter doesn’t burn.
- Spoon the melted butter over the steak.
- Cook to your liking, 2 minutes a side for rare, longer if you’d prefer it medium to well.
- Remove from the plan and let it rest briefly.
- Slice thinly and serve on top of the salad.