This makes a fabulous accompaniment to a pan-fried pork chop, white fish or chicken. Just scoop out the flesh of the pumpkin with the cream and smother your protein and greens with it!
- 1 small whole pumpkin weighing approx 625g
- 150ml double cream
- 1 clove of garlic, sliced
- 1 small sprig thyme
- 2 heaped tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 150 degrees C.
- Cut a small lid in the top of the pumpkin.
- Scrape the seeds and strings out of the pumpkin and place on a baking tray.
- In a small saucepan heat the cream, garlic and thyme.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- When the cream is hot pour into the pumpkin stir in 1 tablespoon of Parmesan. Put the lid back on put it in oven to bake for 1 ½ hours.
- Remove from oven, take off lid and add more pepper and rest of the cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes more.
- Take out of the oven and leave to stand or 5 minutes.
- Serve by scooping out the flesh and topping with the thick, cheesy cream.