Salmon is a great source of omega 3 oils. Together with olive oil this stirfry makes a great Low Carb High Fat meal. And you can forget those little jars of high sugar sauce. The combination of fresh chilli, garlic, coriander and ginger packs a really tasty punch!
- 200g salmon steak or fillets
- 1 small bunch coriander stalks chopped, leaves picked
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 1 thumb fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 small splash fish sauce
- 1 big splash soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 red or yellow peppers, sliced
- 1 handful green, red or white cabbage, shredded
- 1 handful broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free spice rub
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180.
Season the salmon and coat with a dry spice rub and put in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Heat a wok and add olive oil, coriander stalks, garlic, red chilli and fresh ginger.
- Splash in the soy and fish sauce, swirl around and immediately add the rest of the vegetables starting with the broccoli, then onions and peppers, finishing off with the cabbage.
- Stir-fry for two or three minutes on a really hot heat, so that you keep some crunch in your veg and serve placing the salmon fillet on top of the vegetables.
Tip: Stay away from the sweet chilli sauce, like so many condiments it’s full of sugar!