Lunch or Dinner. Hearty and healthy. Always full of flavour.
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 300g butchers pork sausage, about 3 fat sausages.
- half tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 red onion
- 1 bulb fennel, sliced and reserving the fronds for the cabbage
- 3 cloves garlic
- half tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tins toms
- Bunch fresh basil
- Salt and pepper
- 6 leaves Cavallo Nero or any cabbage, finely shredded
- clove garlic
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- fronds from the top of the fennel
- Slit the sausages and remove the meat from the casings.
- Melt 2 tbsp coconut oil in a large frying pan and add the sausage meat breaking it into pieces with a wooden spatula.
- When it is beginning to brown add the chilli flakes, garlic and oregano.
- Then move the meat to the side of the pan and cook the onion and fennel until slightly softened.
- Mix everything together and add fennel seeds and balsamic vinegar.
- Stir to combine the vinegar into the whole pan and simmer briefly before adding the tin of tomatoes.
- Reduce the heat and simmer gently while you stir fry the cabbage.
- In a separate frying pan, melt 1tbs coconut oil and add cabbage, garlic and the fronds from the top of the fennel.
- Stir fry until softened and glossy.
- Serve the sausage over the cabbage and top with Parmesan.