Pumpkin is the LCHF winter wonder food. It is low carb and a comfort food! Just don’t confuse it with butternut squash, which has a much higher carb content.
- 100g fresh pumpkin, cut into slices (half a small pumpkin)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Thumb fresh ginger, finely grated
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- Salt and Black pepper
- Mayonnaise to serve
- Preheat the over to 200 degrees.
- Place the oil, garlic, ginger and chilli in a bowl, whisk together and leave to infuse for 10 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin slices to the bowl and coat well.
- Lay the slices in a metal tin and pour over any remaining marinade.
- Roast in a hot oven for 20-25 minutes until the centre of the pumpkin is soft and the edges slightly browned.
- Serve with mayonnaise.
Tip: Check out our blue cheese and sage version.