Pumpkin and spice just go together – pumpkin spiced latte anyone? Avoid the sugar rush and fill up on this delicious low carb high fat spiced pumpkin soup instead!
- 1 small pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and chopped into chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 thumb ginger, finely chopped or grated
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 1 knob butter
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- salt and pepper
- Gently brown the onion in a large sauce pan with the butter, chilli and ginger.
- Add the chunks of pumpkin and stock cube then cover with boiling water.
- Once the pumpkin is cooked and soft, whizz up the mixture.
- Add the coconut milk and seasoning and continue to cook until warmed through.
This soup is a real winter warmer, but it comes with a warning – and it is not about the chillis! Make sure to use pumpkin and not butternut squash, as the latter is far higher in carbs!