Serves 4 as a vegetable side or 2 as a lunch
- 2 cauliflowers, broken into small florets
- 40g butter
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 4 sage leaves
- 50g anchovies in olive oil
- 300g full fat creme fraiche
- 80g toasted flaked almonds
- salt and pepper
- Gently toast the flaked almonds in a dry frying pan and set aside. Do this over a low heat and keep your eye on them, they will burn very easily.
- Plunge the cauliflower florets into boiling salted water and cook until just soft.
- In a separate saucepan melt butter then gently fry the onion and two whole sage leaves until soft.
- Add the anchovy fillets and continue to fry until they have all dissolved.
- Add creme fraiche, stirring to help it melt. Season with black pepper.
- Add in the cooked cauliflower turning it into the sauce to coat.
- Grind over black pepper and serve sprinkled with the toasted almonds and two sliced sage leaves.
Try it with broccoli instead of cauliflower.