Serves 4 as a vegetable side or 2 as a lunch
- 2 cauliflowers, broken into small florets
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 40g butter
- 2 small red onions, finely diced
- 4 sage leaves
- 50g anchovies
- 300g full fat creme fraiche
- black pepper
- 80g toasted flaked almonds
- Gently toast the flaked almonds in a dry frying pan and set aside.
- Boil cauliflower florets in salted water until just soft.
- In a separate saucepan melt butter then gently fry the onions and two whole sage leaves until soft.
- Add the anchovies and continue to fry until they have all dissolved.
- Add creme fraiche, stirring to help it melt. Season with black pepper.
- Add in the cooked cauliflower turning it into the sauce to coat.
- Grind over the black pepper and serve sprinkled with the toasted almonds and two sliced sage leaves.
Tip: Try it with broccoli instead of cauliflower.