A sweetheart cabbage, cut into spaghetti sized strips, holds one of our favourite pasta sauces beautifully!
- 250g small vine tomatoes, quartered
- 1 half sweetheart cabbage, sliced into ‘spaghetti’ strips
- 1 knob butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 chilli, finely chopped, seeds in or out
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 12 pitted black olives, sliced
- 1 teaspoon capers, rinsed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 handful basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt a knob of butter with a drizzle of olive oil in a pan and add the sweetheart cabbage strips.
- Stirfry over a very gentle heat, turning occasionally until wilted.
- Tip cabbage into a bowl and keep warm.
- In a smaller frying pan gently fry the tomatoes in one tablespoon of the oil for three minutes, turning gently until they have given out a little juice. Set this pan aside for a minute.
- In the original frying pan heat the rest of the oil and add the chilli, anchovy and garlic. Mash the anchovy into a paste with a fork and cook through for a couple of minutes.
- Add the tomatoes to the anchovy pan, together with the olives, capers and parsley
- Cook together for two minutes then add the cabbage back in and combine everything.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and sprinkle the torn basil leaves to serve.