A tasty addition to any BBQ or a summer supper you can have waiting in the fridge, ready to be rustled up in minutes.
- 3 large chicken breasts
- Red pepper, cut into 2cm squares
- Green pepper, cut into 2cm squares
- Red onions, cut onto small wedges
For the marinade
- 300 ml full fat natural or greek yogurt
- 1 heaped tsp curry powder or garam masala
- Half tsp ground cumin
- Half tsp ground coriander
- Quarter tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- Juice and zest half lemon
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Mix all the marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- Soak skewers, if using wooden ones.
- Slice chicken into strips across the width of the breast. They should be no thicker than 1 cm.
- Carefully mix the chicken strips into the yogurt mixture, cover and leave in the fridge overnight or for at least two hours to marinate.
- When ready to cook, thread two or three strips of chicken onto a skewer, folding it back onto itself twice.
- Intersperse the chicken with pieces of pepper and onion.
- You can cook them under the grill or to barbecue place foil over the bars of the grill and cook on top of that.
- Once cooked and less drippy, cook them briefly on the bars of the grill to brown the edges slightly.