This recipe was adapted from a shared recipe by Liese, a Simple As Fat member, a great success story and a fabulous, creative cook. We think the addition of prawns turns this little veggie dish into a full-on LCHF meal.
- 40g butter
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 225g raw peeled jumbo king Prawns
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 250g baby button or oyster mushrooms
- 10 small vine tomatoes
- 300ml cream
- 20g grated Parmesan cheese
- 300g fresh spinach leaves
- bunch fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- Melt the butter in a frying pan. Add a drizzle of olive oil before tipping in the prawns and garlic.
- If you bought your prawns frozen you can either defrost them overnight in a covered bowl in the fridge or an hour before using steep them in cold water. Replace the water a few times and drain and dry them, ensuring they are completely defrosted before cooking.
- As they cook, over a medium heat, the prawns will turn from a translucent white to opaque pink. Once they are just cooked through stir in the tomato puree, mushrooms and vine tomatoes.
- Carefully mix the puree through the ingredients then pour in the cream and stir.
- Simmer gently or 3 or 4 minutes or until both prawns and mushrooms are cooked through.
- Stir in the spinach leaves and Parmesan cheese and cook for a further 2 or 3 minutes until the spinach is wilted.
- Before serving tear in the basil leaves and season with salt and pepper.
Tip: This recipe would work well with a selection of seafood. Buy a raw seafood selection from the frozen section of the supermarket and defrost in the same way as the prawns.