What salad isn’t made better by cheesy dressing and crispy bacon?
- Half iceberg lettuce
- Handful of vine tomatoes, halved, (approx. 100g)
- Avocado, sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 3 rashers cooked streaky bacon, cooled and crumbled
For the homemade blue cheese dressing:
- 3 heaped tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 heaped tablespoons full fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 50g blue cheese, crumbled
- First make the dressing.
- Put all of the liquid ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Crumble in the blue cheese and cut it in with a sharp life, leaving some larger chunks for taste and texture. This will last in the fridge for 3 days.
- Cut half iceberg lettuce into 2 wedges and stand them on your plate.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, sliced avocado and onions.
- Pour over a generous amount of homemade blue cheese dressing.
- Crumble the crispy bacon pieces over the top.
Tips: This dressing will keep well in the fridge for 3 days – but I bet you’ll finish it quicker than that!
Per serving this recipe contains 99.9g fat, 34g protein and 18.7g carbs.